Iridium 9522B Satellite Transceiver
Smaller and lighter than the 9522A, the 9522B is Iridium’s 2nd-generation satellite transceiver for truly global voice and data communications. The 9522B is ideal for registered Iridium partners who need a satellite transceiver to incorporate into a final Iridium subscriber solution for a specific application or vertical market, such as a maritime voice telephone terminal or a vehicle tracking solution.
The Iridium 9522B satellite transceiver is ideal for sending and receiving voice and data from equipment everywhere on the planet. It functionally supports all of Iridium’s voice and data services and easily integrates into a wide variety of applications through a RS232 serial interface and AT command set. Available to registered Iridium partners.
The 9522B is a functional replacement to the 9522A, although the mechanical design and electrical connectors differ. Connection adaptors are available to enable the 9522B to be used in place of the 9522A. A pass-thru connector allows a GPS receiver to use the same antenna as the 9522B LBT. The 9522B is approved by the FCC, Industry Canada, and CE, assuming an antenna with a gain of -3dbi . It can be integrated into a variety of Iridium subscriber products, or retrofitted into existing 9522A-based products.
The 9522B, which includes a core transceiver module and SIM card reader, is provided as a “black box,” with all interfaces provided via a 26-pin 0.1" pitch connector. All other functions and hardware such as keypad, display, power supply, antenna etc., must be provided by the solution developer. The pitch connector provides the following interfaces and connections; analog audio, control/digital audio, RS232, power input and on/off.
The 9522B is configured using AT commands. (A full listing of the supported AT commands can be found in the AT command reference document.)
- Pole-to-pole global coverage
- 26-pin IDC connector for user interfaces
- RS232 serial interface for data and voice applications
- SMA RF antenna connector
- Enables continuous circuit switched connection
- Connects to small omni directional L-band antennas
- GPS feed-through connector for shared antenna
- Integrated SIM card reader
- Enhanced AT command support
- DPL bus for control of external peripherals
- Length: 6.38 in. (162 mm)
- Width: 3.16 in. (81 mm)
- Depth: 1.10 in. (28 mm)
- Weight (approximate): 0.93 lb (420 g)
- Operating temperature range: –30°C to +70°C
- Operating humidity range: 25 to 75% RH
- Storage temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
- Storage humidity range: = 93% RH
- Frequency range: 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
- Duplexing method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
- Oscillator stability: ± 1.5 ppm
- Input/output impedance: 50 ohms
- Multiplexing method: TDMA/FDMA